Pages

Friday 13 March 2015

How I'll try to maintain a positive attitude

With school ending (hopefully forever) next week, I can't help but concentrate on the future.
What I've learned from the last time I graduated was that no matter what just stay positive. Believe me I know it's the cheeriest thing you've heard and probably the number one thing people tell you when you're struggling.

Repeat after me
"It will pass, everything is going to be okay"

Believe me I'm not the most positive person, I don't wake up with the biggest smile ready to conquer the day. Everyone has their bad days but you can't let that define you.

So when you're in a slump, listen to this and forget for awhile just forget what you were worrying about and live.


Sometimes the simplest things work. Take a walk, read a book or eat some ice cream. Just remember to live and whatever you think is a problem now you probably won't remember in a few months from now. 
And I know a song won't solve your problems but giving up and admitting defeat is no longer the option. No matter how many No's you get or how many times you spend sending your resumes, It'll work out sooner or later. Success doesn't have a deadline. Give yourself a timeline but be flexible, some of your goals may be harder to achieve and may take more time then you thought.

So if you're in the same boat as me, dealing with anything on the same level read up on some other tips to help you stay positive.

10 comments:

  1. During these last few weeks, school ALWAYS stresses me out. Staying positive is a necessity and don't forget to reward yourself. You have worked hard for this, now it's time to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a totally relevant post given our experiences over the past few months in school, thanks Vanessa well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyonce is a great way to get me motivated

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your almost done - seven more days! Jealous. Can't believe how fast these 8 months have passed. One thing that keeps me positive is knowing I've completed one more challenge and gained one more success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to relax a bit once school is done. I'm sure the internships will be anything but relaxing, but knowing I'm finished another (and hopefully final) chapter of school will be something to celebrate.
    I've been stressing a lot with so many projects due in these final weeks, but great music in the car, and treats do cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely an interesting and uplifting perspective. Sometimes, taking a deep breath and realizing that bad things will end makes a difference in one's moral.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, I've learned how important a positive attitude can be while tree planting, it can make all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally relate to this!! I was incredibly discouraged trying to find an internship but kept a positive attitude and everything seems to work itself out! Not all the time of course, but lately I've tried to keep a more positive outlook on things! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Done only in a week its heartbreaking but I want time to relax a little and go back home. That is helping me to stay positive during this crazy time that I get to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true, I have a little pillow that has a saying i love "Happy girls are the prettiest" so keep smiling girl!

    ReplyDelete