Pages

Friday 20 February 2015

When Will I Stop Procrastinating?

Never have I finished a project with days, hours and even minutes to spare. My weakness definitely would have to be procrastination. Maybe I enjoy the crippling anxiety that comes up when I realize I pushed back a project and forgot about a due date. Maybe it's the thrill and adrenaline writing the finishing sentences minutes before it's due.
 
I make a lot of procrastination drawings. They’re more interesting than work… T _ T
The misconception is I'm lazy but as much as I love speeding endless hours scrolling through Tumblr, I think it's a little more than that.
 

I have a problem with taking on more then I can handle. I have two jobs and am in school full time. Yes I know I shouldn't complain but it’s been a little overbearing. With that in mind it’s caused me to master the art of forgetting about school, work, and my problems. There’s been days in which I have off that I would stay in bed constantly. I would know how much needs to get done but I get so overwhelmed and then begin to have the worst chest pains.
 
procrastination

I’ve been doing it for years, even throughout my years at school. It’s caused me to let people down with work that needed to be done. With procrastinating I haven’t done my very best with putting in all my effort because I wait till the last minute.
So now before I go out in the world once again I decided this needs to end. I need to get it together and work to my full potential to get the best job done.
 
I'll use the these tactics to overcome my constant need to procrastinate.

 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people struggle with procrastination, I know I do. You just have to keep practicing time management skills until it becomes a habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also used to struggle with procrastination and to some extent still do. I have found the overwhelming sense of joy in getting a project done early seems to help counteract the desire to find anything else to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Procrastination is everyone's best friend and worst nightmare. I think it is crucial that you KNOW yourself in order to decide what needs to be done, when and how. Having said that, my main go-to is a to-do-list. With this list, although things may be due in a week or two, I plan to work on them little by little in order to have it almost finished the night before the due date. That way, I may leave the last bit for the very last minute but it won't hurt the quality of my work. I'd like to say I overcame procrastination after university, you have to really work hard at it and have will power! Good luck Vanessa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To quote my grade 12 english teacher, "Procrastination is the thief of time!" (I'm not sure if he got that from someone else, but he would always say it). Regardless, I can totally relate with leaving things to the last minute. I can be quite busy at times and need that one day where I can just relax and forget about it all. I can work really well under pressure but then those times can be quite stressful. I have been making strides to get out of this habit as it can only help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Procrastination is a struggle for all students I think, at least to some extent. It's hard to figure out what timelines work best for you but once you do its such a relief. I also used to leave things until the very last minute but find that the more prepared and ahead of schedule I am, the better I feel at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some people feed off the anxiety and pressure that procrastinating provides. As much as you plan to finish things ahead of time, life comes up adn you have to balance things and often school works gets pushed down on the priority list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand completely. School is a really important thing and needs to be focused on, but when you have to pay for it, it gets pushed down the importance list. Spending all your time working to pay for the thing you don't have any time left for sucks. I assume sleep is for after graduation at this point. Keep up the blog, its a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Procrastination is a huge struggle for me! This year I started working on timelines which has helped me out a lot! Great post.

    ReplyDelete